- What is a piece, a masterclass and a volume?
- What is a collection?
- Should I use this app by myself or in lessons with my piano teacher?
- Can I use this app if I have never learnt the piano before and can't read music?
- I can't find the content I am looking for
- I think there is a mistake in the content. How can I tell someone about it?
What is a piece, a masterclass and a volume?
There are 3 different types of content you can enjoy in the app once you're subscribed or during your 30-day free trial:
- A piece contains interactive sheet music with aligned audio and practice tools like annotations, metronome and auto-paging.
- A masterclass covers a specific piece in greater depth, with rich interactive video, audio and text content offering expert guidance. A masterclass also includes sheet music for the piece which is featured.
- A volume is a collection of pieces and a masterclass which you can purchase all at once. It also includes further readings about the work, the volume, and the composer.
What is a collection?
A collection is simply a grouping of volumes under a particular theme.
'Piano Masterworks', for example, was the first collection of content available on the Tido Music platform. Discover and explore essential repertoire from some of the world’s greatest composers with powerful practice tools, exclusive video performances, practical insights and techniques from leading performers and experts.
New collections include 'Popular Piano', 'Educational Piano' and 'Christmas Piano'. Simply tap on a collection to get started.
More collections are always coming soon – make sure you've signed up for a Tido Music account and we'll let you know about all the latest content as soon as it becomes available.
Should I use this app by myself or in lessons with my teacher?
This app can be used by anyone who wants to improve their technique, whatever their situation.
Can I use this app if I have never learnt an instrument before and can't read music?
No, this app is not for beginners and will not teach you to read music. It is intended for students who have been playing for at least one year, around the grade 3–8 level (intermediate to advanced).
I can't find the content I am looking for
We are working with a range of publishers and content providers to continually update our catalogue. Make sure you're signed up for updates in the app so we can let you know when we add new content.
If you'd like to suggest something specific you think we should add, let us know through our feedback form.
I think there is a mistake in the content. How can I tell someone about it?
If you have encountered any issues with content, please contact our team using the feedback form. Someone will get back to you as soon as possible.